October 16th, 2009
Kick Start Your Online Business
The economic turmoil has sent a lot of businesses in a downward spiral. Numerous people have been badly hit in these tough times and you may be having your doubts about investing in an online business. However, let me disperse the myth about internet business.
In spite of all the negative economic reviews, online business is a booming industry now. As per the U.S. Census Bureau report published in the first quarter of 2008, online businesses generated about $32.4 billion. In comparison to the reports of 2007, the market had grown by over 13%.
And the best news is that you can start an online business even on a shoestring budget! Internet startups have amazingly low overhead costs. Not only can you start your business from home, you can actually get it up and running within a week. Moreover, the e-commerce software and services currently available on the market are remarkably low-priced. Taking these factors into account, you could probably start off your business with as little as $3,000.
In case you are wondering how to go about it, here are some useful tips that will help you get started.
Before actually starting your business, you should analyze your areas of interest. Think of what you enjoy doing the most. If you are passionate about fashion, designing and accessories, you could start a garments or accessories line. Those who enjoy writing can launch an information centric website or a freelancing writing business. Travel enthusiasts can start a site containing different kinds of travel literature and journals.
Some excellent online business opportunities are:
* Writing and selling eBooks.
* Niche Marketing
* Financial Services
* Educational / Information Marketing
* Affiliate Marketing
* Selling on eBay, CafePress, etc.
Once you have decided on your sphere of interest, follow these simple guidelines.
* Cash in on Your Opportunities – You may happen to know someone already in the internet business. Get in touch with him/ her and try to pick up the basics of the business. Such a person will be the ideal one to guide you about things like getting traffic to your website and identifying the programs that will generate the maximum revenues. Also, be sure to
learn about the loopholes that one is likely to encounter in an online business. If you don’t know someone currently, search out a mentor or team you can work with.
* You should also be on the lookout for any business opportunities that may come your way. Utilize resources available at hand to get a head start on your business. For instance, if you are interested in starting a freelancing business, look for sites that already offer such services and start writing for them. This way you will be able to get a firsthand knowledge of the kind of work that is both available and marketable.
* Learn the Basics of Online Business – Grab a few guide books and articles that provide detailed information about how to start an internet business. Picking up certain skills in web designing, web graphics, and copy writing may be required. Or you could align yourself with a company that offers these services, plus provides the training to personalize them. To gather the requisite business knowledge, you can watch video lectures by the best business professors across the world, while supplementing with training from the leaders in the industry you choose to pursue. General entrepreneurship guides also provide a host of information about bootstrapping. “The Bootstrapper’s Bible” by Seth Godin is aimed at people who wish to start their businesses with little money at hand.
* Prepare a Business Plan – This is an absolute necessity before starting any kind of business. A business plan helps you keep on the right track, focus on the important things, and also acts as a motivator. Spend time on this aspect and take into account all factors like time, budget for both production and marketing, marketing strategies, and target customer group.
* Execution – The next and undoubtedly the most critical part of starting an online business is the execution of your plan. Firstly, you need to think of an apt name for your company. Next, create a logo and/or brand for yourself. You can either hire a third party or do it yourself by using various resources available online. Choose an affordable web hosting service that offers unlimited storage space, and support for publishing systems and common databases. In case your business is in blogging, you can also opt for free hosting sites like WordPress. You may want to consider getting a professional to design your website. Since it is through the website that you will be marketing your services, it is essential that you attract the attention of your target customer base.
* Marketing – Remember there are probably a lot of people out there running the same business as you do. In such circumstances, it is imperative that you be innovative. Even while offering the same products and services, you can draw customers to your site by using innovative marketing technology. Set yourself apart from the rest. Speak to your target audience from the heart and be lazer focused on where to market your product and/or services.
By: J. Giacoma
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
Janet Giacoma invites you to learn more about starting an online business by visiting her at www.YourMillionDollarDestiny.com for more information. Also visit her blog at www.TheAbundantAllianceBlog.com
Committing 100% Benefits Your Business and Your Kids
Create an Internet Marketing Strategy that Works!
How To Release Your Mental Handbrake
Deborah Duffey:President and Partner Dermazone Solutions, Inc.
From $100K+ Executive to Entrepreneur: 7 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Become an Entrepreneur
Foreign Exchange Trading: A Viable Business for a Small Businessmen
Is There A Fast Start To The Millions Being Made On The Internet – This Mindset and Success Online
5 straightforward Ways to Ramp Up Your E-Book Sales