October 24th, 2009
Site Build It is a very successful web host on the Internet. It is really much more than just a web host. Here is the definition of Site Build It.
Writing a definition of Site Build It is a challenge since it is so many different things combined under one name. To define SBI, I prefer to step back away from the Internet and the technology and define it as a business model or business system. There are several definitions of system:
* a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole.
* a procedure or process for obtaining an objective
* organization: an ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized.
* a group of elements, components, or devices that are assembled to serve a common purpose. In a technological system, this refers to all hardware, software, networks, cables, peripheral equipment, information, data, personnel, and procedures (ie, all technology resources) that comprise a computer environment.
All of these apply to SBI. Too many people only associate SBI with web hosting. In their minds, SBI provides memory on a server, bandwidth for access, and software to create and post web pages for access on the Internet. SBI is so much more than that. It is a system or method for creating successful businesses. It just happens that the Internet is the medium used to make these businesses successful.
Another definition of a system is a collection of people, processes, procedures, and equipment working in unison to achieve a goal. This definition also applies to SBI.
* The people are the owners of the SBI sites and the SBI staff working as one to maximize the results for the web site owner and make a profit for SBI.
* The processes are composed of the structured market research before a domain name can be selected, the structured brainstorming and development of keywords for the future website, the 10 day Action Guide in written or video format for developing the successful business, the monetization module for finding the best methods to generate income from traffic to the website, the SBI forums where SBI owners help and are helped. This structure makes SBI the ideal business model for an inexperienced person.
* The procedures are the rules for using the SBI hosting hardware and software. SBI hosting is a controlled procedure. It does not allow server side applications and limits the types of files it will host. However, this structure allows SBI to monitor the activity of the search engine spiders, monitor search engine page rank, automatically update RSS feeds, automatically update site maps, and provides many more benefits to the SBI website owner.
* The equipment is composed of the personal computer of the SBI website owner and the equipment in the web hosting data center plus all the Internet communication equipment that connects the two and the rest of the world.
The key point to take away from this article- SBI is a business system, not just a web host. For more information, download my free ebook at http://www.sbi-guru.com I wish you well with building your future website.
Copyright 2007 John Howe, Inc.
About The Author
John V. W. Howe is an entrepreneur, author, inventor, patent holder, husband, father, and grandfather. He has worked with computers for over 44 years. He is an expert in website creation and web hosting. He has published over 60 articles on the Internet covering diverse topics. His website http://www.the-best-web-host.com helps people analyze their needs and match those needs to the best web host. He also publishes http://www.boomer-ezine.com an ezine for Internet entrepreneurs.